20 photos of dogs eagerly waiting for the baby to arrive
Whether it's new furniture or a change to the layout in the room, dogs quickly recognize that something is different in their environment. That’s because our four-legged friends can sense change, which is also why they’re often the first ones to realize that their owner is pregnant — even if there's no way of seeing it yet.
Our loyal doggies get increasingly excited when they see their beloved owner's belly grow. As the due date slowly approaches, the waiting can even get a little too much for some of our impatient pooches. As you'll see, 40 weeks can be a very long time not just for couples, but also for their dogs...
1. "So how big is your belly supposed to get?"
2. Looks very comfortable.
3. "Hello, little person. When will you be coming out so that you can play with me?"
4. "I'm telling you — your belly just moved."
5. "How much longer is it going to take?"
6. This dog can't contain his excitement.
7. Cuddle time!
8. That tickles!
9. "C'mon! I wanna see you already!"
10. "I hope you're doing fine in there."
11. "Hey, buddy."
12. "Gimme five!"
13. Sleepy time.
14. Let's enjoy a bit of peace.
15. "I can feel a kick!"
16. "Get away, that's my doggie treat!"
17. "What did you say?"
18. "There'll soon be four of us."
19. "I'm so excited!"
20. "I hoped you'd be out already."
Whether they're carefully watching their owner's bump, lovingly pawing at it or enjoying cuddle time, these dogs are truly invested in the pregnancy and can't wait to play with the new arrival in the family. So cute!