12 hidden cameras record what animals get up to at night
Night-vision wildlife cameras are great for observing shy and nocturnal forest dwellers in their natural habitat without disturbing them. Thanks to their motion and heat sensors, the cameras can record pretty much everything that's going on. If you need a laugh, check out these hidden camera snaps that show the funnier side of life in the forest...
1. And when you thought it was safe, a flying squirrel suddenly springs out at you from nowhere!
2. Get away from me!
3. You're probably not going to get off so easily with a coyote...
4. This owl's eyes were probably bigger than its belly.
5. The all-male choir has already arrived for weekly practice.
6. A pretty photogenic squirrel!
7. Okay, nothing to see here — just a raccoon hitching a ride on a hog.
8. "I know it's all about teamwork, but when's it going to be my turn? I hope that deer feed is worth it!"
9. Do not disturb: food coma.
10. "Hey! I was here first!"
11. "Please don't peck the ...! Okay, too late."
12. "Can't a guy get a little peace around here?!"
So now you know what goes on under the cover of darkness — fascinating stuff!