15 LGBTQ couples show their love in front of the camera
Love is one of the most wonderful things in the world. It fills you with happiness and makes you see life in a different way. Love is a free spirit that knows no boundaries or prejudices. The following historical pictures show that love can come in many forms and isn't just between a man and a woman — you love the person for who they are, not what they are.
1. A man found this old photo from 1910 in one of his grandfather's shoeboxes. The picture is titled: "Ruth and Mary, 'friends'."
2. Two unknown soldiers from World War One.
3. Women dressed as tomboys at a club.
4. A couple in the United States.
5. An unknown couple at a photo studio.
— Agata Baronello (@BaronelloAgata) 11. September 2016
6. French artist couple Jean Marais and Jean Cocteau in 1930.
7. Two sailors in love.
8. A couple at the beach.
9. Together at the lake.
10. Brothers in arms and lovers.
11. Everyday love.
12. A passionate exchange.
13. A young couple being photographed at the end of the 19th century.
14. Save all your kisses for me.
15. Axel and Eigil Axgil in 1989 after becoming the first homosexual couple to enter into a registered partnership anywhere in the world. Both were activists who fought for LGBTQ rights in Denmark.
It's wonderful to see how happy these couples are. The photos also show their courage, as many LGBTQ people faced terrible discrimination back then. Unfortunately, this is still the case today in some places. Everyone has the right to be happy regardless of their orientation.