20 pictures of abandoned places in France
Roman Robroek has spent the last five years exploring and photographing abandoned buildings in France. Roman says that some places are more difficult to access than others, but he usually finds an open window he can climb into or a hole he can crawl through.
If a building is closed, he'll simply walk away and move onto the next one. "That's part of the game," Roman said.
Here's a selection of his finest shots...
1. Abandoned chapel
2. Bathroom in an abandoned castle
3. Bathroom in an abandoned house
4. Abandoned greenhouse
5. Abandoned church
6. Abandoned car (Simca)
7. Abandoned living room
8. Abandoned cloister
9. Abandoned bedroom
10. Staircase in an abandoned house
11. Abandoned church
12. Abandoned room with fireplace
13. Bird's cage in an abandoned hospital
14. Abandoned control room
15. Staircase in an abandoned house
16. Piano in an abandoned house
17. Abandoned morgue
18. Abandoned greenhouse
19. Abandoned building at a vineyard
20. Abandoned staircase
If only the walls could talk. You can only imagine the stories they would tell!